REPORTS TO: DEAN OF THE SCHOOL OF NATURAL SCIENCES AND MATHEMATICS
STATUS: FULL-TIME, EXEMPT, SALARIED
Lake Erie College, a small, co-educational, four-year, independent liberal arts college located in Painesville, OH, 30 miles east of Cleveland, invites applications for the full-time position of laboratory manager and instructor.
· Manages and orders lab stocks and supplies.
· Manages maintenance for department laboratory equipment.
· Laboratory setup/preparation for all labs.
· Arranges disposal of department waste.
· Manages student workers in the school.
· Teaches 12 semester hours per year as assigned by the dean.
· Aids department faculty with development of chemical hygiene plan.
· Makes recommendations regarding campus-wide safety, chemical hygiene and hazardous waste disposal practices.
· Pursues professional development in safety compliance as supported by the institution.
· Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology or a related field at minimum. Ideal candidate will hold a master’s degree or higher in chemistry, biology or a related field.
· Experience working in an academic laboratory setting.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to: email@example.com (preferred method for applications) or Laboratory Manager and Instructor Search, Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington St., LEC Box 358, Painesville, OH 44077. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. Learn more at https://www.lec.edu. EOE